Friday 6 May 2011

Count My Blessings

Every morning I wake up and count my blessings. I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge, and a relatively normal family. Sure, they're quirky and dysfunction, but they're MY family, and I can't even begin to express how much I love each and every one of them.

My life is mundane. I live on a farm, have 2 dogs, 1 guinea pig, an often indolent brother, 3 amazing nephews, and a vast collection of signed books. Oh, and I write smut. Okay, so maybe my life isn't all that mundane, but you catch my drift.

I write smut and I do it with pride. Why? Because I enjoy it.  But this is were the awesome family part comes in. My mom, who is also my biggest fan, proudly tells everyone she can that I write "sexy stuff". My aunt and sister-in-law get annoyed if I don't send them each chapter as it's written, and have become self appointed editors of everything I write (so blame them for any mistakes you find). I also have a 65 year old aunt who finds the whole idea of my smut writing hilarious, but in a very good way, and who feels the need to frequently remind me that she knows more about sex than I do. I also have 37 first cousins, 100+ second cousins, 29 aunts and uncles, and hundreds of friends and extended family members. The amazing part is that each and every one of them support what I do.

I know what you're thinking, this post has nothing to do with erotica, but I felt it necessary to take a minute and thank my friends and family for their love and support. Without them my writing would probably still be scribbles in a notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment